Wednesday 5 January 2011

Take My Breath Away

This is hilarious. In some boring afternoon, I was stuck at home because it was raining outside and there was nothing good on telly so what did I watch? Mel B : It's a Scary World! Yeah, somebody shoot me. But first, let me tell you what caught my attention was. In one scene, Mel had this 'so girl things' idea that she, as a normal woman, wants to find a girl for her currently single singer/songwriter English best friend, Matthew. So, as a start, she wanted to know what dos and don'ts that Matthew requires for girls. Very normal. Then, during their lunch meeting over a project, she popped the question. Matt then said that he wanted a girl who can take his breath away. Ah..so sweet, isn't it? For real, Mel got carried on and looked at Stephen who sat next to her then asked, "Do I take your breath away, honey?" Ha, what a tricky question. Stephen silent for a while, looked at his estranged wife then said, "Of course you do, honey. You take my everything away..my wallet, my money, my car, my house, everything. You take my everything, honey."
Ha ha, seriously I couldn't help myself but laugh my head off. He's so funny yet so right at some point. Man, hate it when a guy says something so sharp but smart at same time! Makes me feel like a fool sometime. But yeah, what he said was completely right and hit me on my face whether I like it or not. Here is the thing, as a girl who raised in a material world, I do realize that women born to be materialistic. It's our destiny, not our choice but that was written in our faith. True, sometime men don't get it but they have to take it whether they happy with it or not. And maybe not many guys like Stephen who realized this 'seems to be' an unfair situation, but hey, women got to do what women got to do. After all, we had been created from half of your rib, so of course, you have got to take care of us. Oh I thanked God for making me a woman! Then please don't judge me, but..do I take your breath away honey?
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment