Thursday 20 January 2011

Where Are The Good People Go?

Yesterday morning, I was shocked when I turned my phone on and saw my friends’ status over their Berry’s Messengers said that one of our friends die tragically. I was like, WTF happened? But, as usual, I was a bit scared to asked, afraid of what the answer would be. Then last night I watched local TV to find out what happened after failed looked for it in the internet and it made me even more shocked. My thought when I heard about her death was she’s probably sick or something. Here is the thing, I actually bumped in to her a week or so ago at the ATM machine of one of local banks near my place. We talked briefly and even said that we will go out together sometime. And at that time she looked a bit tired and wasted, that’s why I thought that she was sick or something. But she didn’t, she murdered! OMG…what a shocking!
No, am not going to spill you the detail here, it won’t be appropriate. Besides, you can read newspapers for that. But the fact that she was killed in her own house over a ‘possibly’ robbery is devastating. I mean, what kind of people did such thing to a woman? Seriously, even though (if) this was a robbery, I doubted that she was even fought the guys. The fact that she was a tiny girl, I can not even imagine that she would do any damage to whoever had bad intentions to her. Then why did they kill her? For God sake, where is your compassion? To kill someone over a laptop and a Blackberry phone was undeniably cruel.
I aware that for financial reason, people can sometime do an unexplainable thing, but still, doesn’t mean that you can just walk around and kill someone, especially a woman who undoubtedly vulnerable. Life doesn’t go that way, we do have rules and laws to control our behaviors. This was actually a wake-up call to everyone. Does that mean that it’s not safe anymore for a woman to be home alone? A friend said that we should get guard dogs, but does that mean that we really-really are safe afterward? I mean, what happened the other night was a bit suspicious for me. First, the newspapers said there was no forced entrance and it was only her room that turned upside down and also she was found underneath her bed by her maid who was managed to clean other rooms before came in to my friend’s room and found her, suspicious indeed. But my point was actually what happened in our world? How do people even have a heart to do such thing? Where are the good people go? What happened to love? To compassion? Man, life is a mystery and I need to find the answer…
^_^

To a dear friend Lusiana Burgess, RIP...

3 comments:

  1. I have same feeling with yours here! She was actually my aunt when I was toddler.

    She used to be my mom's best friend when I was like age of two y/o (now I'm sixteen). I really enjoy the times I spent with her. Even though I can't remember the whole stuff I did with her.

    Apparently, I have one little memory that always been alive in my head. I've got injured on my forehead when I was about going to her house at Lippo Karawaci. In the huge rain, I'm in rush running to her house - the reason why, I missed her a lot! When I arrived in front her house, I fall accidentally on the ground, then I fainted. When she realized I fainted, she brought me to the emergency on the nick of time. I never thought I still alive now, if that time there was no one brought me to the emergency I won't be able to post a comment here. She's really care to me. She's a lovely woman.

    The murderer is really pathetic. He killed a savior, I hardly ever to believe this thing would be happened.

    Nice posts anyway : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a recent photo on my flickr anyway - yep, she at 1997. Take a look!

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/reldorado/5372136167/

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all are feeling the same.. :'(
    Thanks for taking time reading my blog, btw :)

    ReplyDelete