Monday 10 January 2011

Love On A Piece Of Paper

Oh oh oh, I know for sure that this one is going to create a controversy for everyone who read it. Why? Now, here is the thing..as a girl who brought up in a some kind of religious family, I was supposed to be a girl who treat religion as something primary. And as someone who brought up in an eastern culture, I was supposed to sees life in an eastern perspective. For example, in my culture we don't recognize living together as a couple. When you find someone you love then you marry them, end of story. You were supposed to acknowledge as a couple in religious way and law. That was what your parents do and your grand parents before them do, and your great grand parents before them do, so yeah..telling your folks that you have a slightly different things in mind is definitely a challenge.
But, as everyone probably knew already, for some unexplainable reasons, I don't buy that. The thing is, I don't believe in a piece of paper and I don't determine love by that. I mean, just by signing up your commitment to be together forever on a piece of paper, doesn't mean that you were safe and definitely WILL BE together like forever. Na-ah. For me, when you commit yourself to someone, it's not about a piece of paper but it's about your heart. Just because the priest said that 'what united by God can only be separated by God' doesn't mean that you can only separated by God, just God, and nothing but God. No way, Jose! Mostly it was your husband's secretary who took this part, Missy! Ha!
No, seriously..I really don't believe in marriage as a way to show someone that you love them for some reasons. And no, I don't come from a broken home family, in fact, my parents has been marriage for almost 40 years now, would you believe that? But, for me, when you love someone and willing to commit yourself to that person then you show it with your heart not with a proposal to marry them. Oh no, don't get me wrong, am not an anti-marriage type of girl, and of course, I will support whoever decided to choose marriage life as their lifestyle, but I just don't see marriage as the way to show your commitment to anyone. I mean, how many of you guys who married and even have kids but still cheating on your spouse? A-ha, don't lie to me! Of course, I won't say your name out loud, but, you who you are..ha! Then yeah, for me, once a cheater always a cheater no matter you were marriage or not. So don't get me those speeches about how I should get marriage and settle down for the sake of that! I mean, when I meet my soul mate and willing to spend the rest of my life with him then I will settle down. But it's not necessary getting marriage thingy. If I want to settle down with someone and decided that I want to have kids with him then I will do that, no need a piece of paper or anything else to legalize it. My commitment is in my heart. Besides, it was easier like that when everything doesn't turn as our expectation. All we need to do is pack our bag and leave, no need court order or anything. Quick and simple.
Alright, I know by this point you guys probably think that am a weirdo, well..maybe I am. The truth is I don't have a normal way of thinking as everyone else, am an Aquarian, remember? Many times I found myself got into trouble because of my estranged point of view but I just want everybody to see this thing from a different perspective. Love is something special so it doesn't determine by signatures on a piece of paper. And no matter how loud and clear you said your vow was, it means nothing if your heart didn't go with that vow. That's, my friends..according to me!

^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment