Tuesday 11 January 2011

A Decent Man

A guy who I’ve known recently once said that ‘decent man has to be afraid of his wife’. First I wasn’t that interested with his words, but after a while I started to think about it a little bit. I mean, really? Seriously? Here is the thing, men in general has a different ego than women. Man doesn’t normally admit that he is indeed afraid to his wife. And for a man to not just admit it but also realize that it was actually a decency, that was something, don’t you think so?
As for me, I was never met any man who admitted that he was in fact afraid of his wife before. Mostly, they even deny it. I mean, come on, unwrittenly that was a crime for a man to do so. Especially for someone who brought up in a eastern culture where men normally still considered as a leader. Like my mum always says, I was supposed to listen to anyone who becomes my husband in the future. Our job as a woman was to support the hubby, we were supposed to walk a step behind them (this is not literally, but for sure you knew what I mean, right?). Then here come this man, out of nowhere, said it out loud and proud, announced that he was indeed afraid of his wife.
Then, I was like, hum...wait a minute. Do I really want my man to be afraid of me? I don’t think so. I mean, as an Aquarian, am a kind of girl who is stubborn as hell. And I can be bossy when someone treats me too soft. So for me, man who afraid of his wife doesn’t really work. I need someone who can control me and stop me from being a snob. So yeah, I admire his decency but it was just not for me.
Then how does this decency work actually? Do men really have to be afraid of their wives just to be decent? I actually don’t agree with the word ‘afraid’. The phrase wasn’t too keen for me. I think (as this blog actually called “According To Dewi”) decent men are they who consider their wives opinion every time they make decision. Not because of they afraid of them, but more like because they do need second opinions from someone whom they trusted the most. Decent men know when to involved their wives in their life and know when not to. Decent men respect their wives, not afraid of them. Decent men treat their wives as equal partners but they don’t afraid of them. Decent men know how to be decent and it’s definitely not by acting scare of their wives. Totally!
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment