Saturday 14 May 2011

My Paul Ropp Experience

A few years back, when I just moved in to Bali, I have no idea whatsoever about Bali local brands. Over a rush last minute shopping with friends on a new year’s eve chaos, we then stranded in this eye catching shop somewhere in Kuta Square. As someone that grown up in a big city such as Jakarta, I was always tended to be brand oriented. Everything has got to be internationally well-known brand. But, since we were in hurry and we were currently in Bali, what choice do we have?
Entering this colorful shop, for some reasons I got this some kind of calmness in mind. The shop was very sophisticated in a Zen meaning. Then when the time to pick our clothes came, first I was a little bit sarcastic. I mean, my first impression was, these designs are way too ethnic for me. I was never considering myself as someone who wears tribal designs ever. So not me, but, since we have no choice so my friends and I eventually took the most simple designs that we could find then tried them on. Voila!
That was my reaction when I put the dress on. The design was indeed ethnic and tribal, but it was fabulous. One thing I noticed that time was how comfortable the dress was and how pretty I looked in it. I mean, never in a million time I would’ve thought that am going to look that great in something ethnic. As a big city girl, my style was used to be boring in black, white, and grey colors. Unlike in the island, we don’t really added color in to our outfits. But that was before I’ve been introduced to Paul Ropp.
Ever since that rush shopping experience which I called “My Paul Ropp Experience”, I now officially in love with this thing called island’s living. As Paul Ropp’s motto “Clothes for People That Want to Be Naked” the designs are really feel that comfort and make you feel so naked. It really brings the 60’s back with its hedonism way of life and bohemian style. As someone who was never considered as an island girl, surprisingly, I am now proud to say that I love this colorful island style and I thank Paul Ropp for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment