Wednesday 24 August 2011

Independent Or Selfish?

For all the times that I could remember, I was always believe that am an independent woman. As I last time checked on Google, the word 'independent' means 'not influenced or controlled by others in matters of opinion, conduct, etc.; thinking or acting for oneself: an independent thinker'. So yeah, that what I believe and am sticking with it. Until this morning.
Over my insomnia attack, I had trouble sleeping all night long. Even though I tried to forced myself to fell asleep, but this super cute little puppy I have had made herself super comfortable by laying down right across my chest and buried her head right on the bend between my shoulder and my neck, blow her heavy breath straight on to my ear. Yup, not helping at all. Leaving me with no other choice but turning the TV on, for heaven sake, at 5 in the morning!
So yeah, I then decided to watch the most boring program ever on telly. I mean, like ever. Do you want to know what? Okay, if your guess was 'How I Met Your Mother' then you were a super genius person. Yeah, what else can beat five unattractive people trying so hard to deliver a super unfunny joke to win the title for 'The most fail comedy ever'? Exactly, so somebody shoot me!
Okay, back to my super serious topic (yeah, right!) the episode was about Robin, a Canadian news anchor, one of those unattractive people, who has just moved in to New York and has just got a new boyfriend, Mike. As a fresh couple, they decided to join Marshall and Lily (yup, the other two members of the gang) on an Halloween party. Marshall and Lily, of course, dressed up as a happy couple as Marshall was wearing a pirate costume and Lily as his parrot. Oh, how sweet. But as someone who believes that she was an unromantic type of girl, Robin refused to do so and let Mike wearing costume while she didn't. During dinner, Marshall and Lily kept showing their affection on each other by sharing food and even feed each other passionately. Tempted to show his, Mike did the same and offered Robin to tried his food and, of course, she said no. Likewise, when Mike asked her if he could try her 'looked like' super delicious food, she refused it.
OMFG, I was like, 'That was so me!' Like seriously. Am honestly the type of girl who thinks that dressing up as a couple was the lamest thing to do. And I hate it when someone scoop in to my plate hence I never did the same to someone else's plate. Like ever. I mean, even if someone offer me to jump into their food, I would definitely say no. These whole times, I was blaming my OCD thing for that. But now, I was kind of like, 'Wait a minute, maybe it wasn't my OCD thingy, maybe it was just me?' I could be, couldn't it?
After Mike broke up with her that night, Robin was like having this some kind of introspection thing on herself. She finally realized that she was actually a kind of girl who was not in to a commitment whatsoever, yet. She found it hard for her to deal with sharing thingy. Then she tried to resembling herself as a growing up teenager when she chose to play tennis rather Basket Ball as it was so easy for her because in tennis it was only her out there. She even had an issue to do double. OMFG, once again, I was like, 'So did I!' I mean, like super seriously, I also prefer tennis when I was in High School as for me it was also easy to deal with only 'I' then with 'We'. Even now, I prefer to do things by myself. I don't do group activities so much as I was never enjoy it. My ex-boyfriend who was the only one who aware about this as we were like together almost like forever, said that I was an unbelievably selfish human being. Like really? Just because you don't recognize 'We' and only acknowledge 'I', does that mean that you are a selfish human being?
Oh well, I don't know. Those two words are definitely have a tiny line separated them. Anyway, independent or selfish, one thing I've learned this morning was to not ever, like never ever, judge anything until you dived in to it personally. I mean, who would ever thought that the program that I avoid to watch these whole times because of my pre-judge thought that it was like the lamest program on telly would taught me a lesson of life. Hah!

^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment