Saturday 18 December 2010

Forbidden Command

A couple of days ago I met two Middle East guys who were stayed in one of the eighteen villas in my compound. You may be wondering why do I talk about them, so here's the interesting part. One of the guys went to see the receptionist at the same time I was there so I was kind of accidentally over heard what they talked about. The guy was unhappy about the bathroom in their villa which was an open air one. They were like mention about how open bathroom was prohibit in their religion, which was Islam. As a Muslim myself, this issue definitely caught my attention. I don't mean from the religious point of view but from a day to day point of view. I mean, come on..you're on holiday for God sake, loosen up a little bit! It's not like you were committed one of those seven deadly sins or anything. Am pretty sure God wouldn't mind if you take shower in an open bathroom once in a while. Besides, it was open but it was still inside the villa and not like everyone else can see you shower! Duh!
Seriously guys, I can not understand some people like them sometime, who went for holiday to the island like Bali which definitely well known as a freestyle place, then complained about things like that? Don't they know this little thing called 'Google'? If I plan my holiday to some particular places, the first thing I did was to Google the place so I would prepare. They surely didn't look like uneducated persons but what they did was very stupid for me. I mean, honestly, what kind of person complaining about such things on his or her holiday? Seriously!
Alright, here is the thing, I believe religion is not something to restrain you from having a little fun in life. Holiday is not prohibit and surely taking shower outdoor as well. Everything in religion is adjustable as long as it wasn't the primary ones. So of course, as Muslims, you still have to pray five times a day and fasting on the month of Ramadan. Those are a must with no compromise whatsoever, but taking shower in an open bathroom is not a big deal. It's not like a primary kind of thing, not even secondary. Even the Quran itself never mention it, so you know what it means, don't you? Exactly, not important, dude! So let your fanaticism loose and enjoy your holiday! Go to a bar or something for crying out loud, it was a lot (by far) better than worrying about God will be mad at you just because of you were taking shower in an open air bathroom! Totally!

^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment